Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Chapter Five: Headache

I woke up with a raging headache. Something is wrong with my head. It feels like something is bursting to escape. If I split my head open, would Athena emerge, her helmet dripping with gore, her spear covered in gray matter?

I am seeing DEATH more and more. I don't know what to make of her. Is she an omen? Has the conspiracy finally decided that I am to be dealt with? If so, they are taking the slow approach. I can feel them creepy up on me in every rusty nail avoided, in every accident missed.

Is DEATH protecting me from the conspiracy? Am I supposed to do something? Am I supposed to accomplish something before I die? Before she takes my hand with her sharp fingers and leads me into whatever awaits on the other side?

The headache is getting worse. It's concentrating in my left ear now. A pain, an ache, a dull throb. And then it rises suddenly, like a spike in the side of my head. And I can feel it building up again, just waiting for that moment, that spike, when I will clutch my head and beg for the release of death.

i can feel it fingers myfingersaremoving icantstopthem


ON THE NAILS OF NORNS AND THE NIGHT-OWL'S BEAK
THE WOMAN IN WHITE WILL LET OUT A SHRIEK
THE FATE OF THE GODS SHALL BE UTTER AND BLEAK
AND THOUGH SHE IS DEAD SHE CAN STILL SPEAK


No comments:

Post a Comment