Thursday, September 6, 2012

Chapter Nine: Breadcrumbs

I am searching for the writer that the ORACLE needs. It has been difficult, but I know that I am getting closer. Closer and closer and closer.

I saw the WOMAN in WHITE again today, though. She was across the street. It looked like someone had cut out a bit of reality in the shape of a woman. And behind the thin film of the world was a world of bleak whiteness. Nothingness. Nothing in the shape of a woman.

I reeled from this sight and tried to run. Then I almost tripped and fell into the street. If I had, a bus would have hit me straight on and I probably would have died or be horribly injured. But I stopped. I stopped mid-trip. As if the law of gravity ceased to apply to me, I stopped. I managed to regain my balance and step backwards.

On my way back to my hotel room, I saw words carved into a concrete wall. Had she carved them with her fingers?

The words were:

INEVITABILITY VERSUS UNPREDICTABILITY

SHE IS THE IVORY WOMAN


I know now. The name of the conspiracy. The name of the one who controlled every aspect of my life.

The IVORY WOMAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment